We are often concerned about air pollution in the external environment. Almost every sane individual takes a different initiative to reduce air pollution. But what if I tell you the air you breathe is equally or much more hazardous than the air outside? Shocking, right? Yes, it’s true. Unfortunately, even if you regularly clean your sweet home, it is not a safe place for you and your loved ones.
Importance of quality air
It is very important to get the home air purifiers cleaned timely. You are still in danger of breathing in a pollution filled atmosphere. Now you would wonder how this contaminated air entered your house. Well, these hazardous particles enter your house through various modes, like pets and different outside influencers. Nonetheless, with small and easy steps, you can always prevent this and keep your home safe and healthy for you and your family. There are ways by which you can keep your lungs healthy and easy ways to combat poor air quality are as follows:
- Replacing air filters: One of the best and easiest ways to keep your air clean is cleaning the air filters regularly. It would be best if you changed it once every half-year. It is always advised to replace the filters according to their recommended period to ensure the blowing air is as clean and safe as possible.
- Using Soft brushes to clean: Unbelievably, the recent market product, which is highly marketed, is not safe for your house. Even though it promises to clean your place, it contributes to your house’s air pollution as these products are made from harmful chemicals. Always choose natural products for yourself and your family.
- Keep shoes out: Our grandparents always suggested we keep our shoes at the door; well, it seems one helpful and a smart tip. Removing the shoes in the doorway would help to keep all the harmful germs away from your house. It is a great way to stave off all the dangerous particles, including pesticides and fertilizers. Even your new and clean shoes might carry a few harmful particles.
- Good quality air purifier: Investing in a good quality air purifier would prove an effective way to prevent your home’s air quality. It is constructed to eliminate all the deadly pollutants in the air.
- Carpet cleaning: Simply vacuuming the carpet is not enough. You need to sanitize your carpet properly. It is an essential step as the carpet is one of the things at your home most walked on with your dirty shoes.
Given the health issues, it is always advised to keep the surroundings clean and neat. The kids and senior citizen are adversely affected due to the bad quality of air.